Big Idea: Saturation
Host Artist: Jessie Hicks
The big idea I received to work with was "Saturation."
Of course, the first idea that I thought of in my Phtoshop-brain was color. Adding and subtracting the
saturation of color in all kinds of works. This is depicted in the text vs. image at the extreme uses of it.
Secondly, I thought about the word saturation in terms of absorbtion. I repsonded to the other images of women in the book. I thought about how in our society, especially my own world as a young female, just how much the ideas of beauty and sex are overflowing in our world around us. I thought of TV shows, magazines, books, all kinds of media. And I remembered this past summer all of the pictures on Facebook of my friends reading Fifty Shades of Grey, and seeing it on stands in nearly every store, along with the hype of who would play characters in the upcoming film. So I looked an alluring image from a Cosmopolitan magazine, linked my text to the title of this book, and the girl depicted is a popular actress in a TV series for teens/young adults and a possibility for the upcoming film.

No comments:
Post a Comment